Although most people think of ultrasound having to do exclusively with babies, that is not the case. Ultrasound technology is very flexible and can be used in a variety of medical and cosmetic treatments. Recently, it has become an important feature in the world of plastic surgery and skin care. If you’re looking for a safe and comfortable way to improve how your skin looks, ultrasound therapy might be right for you.
More Than Just Imaging
The low-frequency sound waves that ultrasound uses are more often than not used as imaging tools to see inside someone’s body—hence the traditional baby ultrasound for expectant parents. However, these same sound waves work miracles on your skin. These results include:
- Helping improve your skin’s ability to absorb and use active ingredients in skin care products
- Skin exfoliation
- Skin hydration
- Boosting the skin’s natural production of collagen and elastin, and therefore quickening cell renewal
- Repair skin cells, especially with conditions like acne or rosacea
- Killing bacteria
- Repairing wrinkles, lines and hyperpigmentation
- A high-frequency massage that not only fulfills the above-listed needs but also can provide your face with deep healing and relaxation
Because it can help your skin begin to treat itself in so many areas and is very safe, ultrasound produces drastic results, especially in conjunction with other skin care procedures.
What Happens During the Treatment?
Similar to an imaging ultrasound, the treatment uses a hand-held device to administer the sound waves to the patient. The liquid slowly vaporizes, and the vibrations and friction stimulate the cells in the skin, leading to better tone, circulation, and regeneration. It is painless, soothing, and very quick. It takes no time at all.
While results might be drastic, just like many skin care treatments, they won’t last very long. After all, your skin takes a full beating from the elements every day. But luckily the treatment is easy enough to repeat so you can keep yourself looking young and feeling good! Come in to Los Feliz Med Spa to try out ultrasound skin treatment today.