Cosmetic procedures come and go over the years but if you haven’t noticed, chemical peels have been mainstays in cosmetic clinics and spas for a while now. This just goes to show that chemical peels actually work and most people are actually satisfied with its results. Here at our Los Angeles nonsurgical cosmetic practice, chemical peels are one of our most popular treatments. While you may be confused as to which type of chemical peel is ideal for you, the Los Feliz team will personalize the strength and type of your chemical depending on your needs and preferences.
Chemical peels offers the following benefits:
- It can significantly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles that serums, lotions, and creams can’t.
- Chemical peels only involve minimal downtime thus there is no need for longer recovery periods and longer absence from work/school.
- Chemical peels are not as costly as surgical cosmetic procedures.
- Chemical peels have been shown to work well with sun-damaged skin including melasma.
- Significant collagen growth results from chemical peels, making way for healthy and younger-looking skin.
- Improve skin texture from gentle exfoliation.
- Acne and acne scars are greatly reduced since dead skin cells are exfoliated.
- Chemical peels do not require sedation or anesthesia.
Medical Grade Chemical Peels at Los Feliz MedSpa
We offer the following types of chemical peels:
An effective option for individuals who seek enhancement without the irritation, discomfort, and recovery time associated with deeper peels. A lactic peel is gentle and therefore ideal for individuals with sensitive skin or rosacea.
Great for blemish removal, acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles, skin brightening, cell turnover, and renewal. Glycolic acid is naturally derived from sugar cane, pineapple, beets, cantaloupe, and raw grapes.
Salicylic acid is particularly helpful for those who have or have had acne. It can help remove white and blackheads, improve skin tone and minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
A powerful chemical peel that re-texturizes the skin, removing precancerous cells and discoloration from aging and sun damage. Peeling is greatest on days 3-5 after the treatment, although 10-14 days should be allotted for full recovery.
Would you like to learn how chemical peels can help rejuvenate your skin with minimal downtime? Get in touch with us today by calling 323-664-0186 or by filling out this contact form. We look forward to your visit!